The word Audit is much more than just a business man in a suit, it’s as simple as taking a peek at whats really going on in your business.
A Social Media Audit is taking a look each of your profiles, content, and branding in a detailed manner to understand if your social media is meeting criteria and any need for improvements to be made.
To break it all down its like reviewing a S.W.O.T ( Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats) analysis for your profiles.
Most people mistake the social media manager as the social media analysis. These are two different skills sets, though both can be done by one person for a more professional approach it’s best to have two separate agents.
For a Social Media Audit you need to consider the following:
Social media audit checklist
It’s not as complicated as it looks. I’m gonna break it down for you so don’t worry.
Examine your social media profiles
- Locate and document all your social media profiles, official and unofficial
- Check for completion of all details on these profiles and for consistency in imagery and message
- Follow up on your goals and compare performance today to perform one and two years ago
- Site analytics needs to be taking into consideration to prove ROI (Return on Investments) is active. Be sure to note opportunities for improvement here.
- Track Sentiment where in the audit process be sure to look in to how it is being tracked, how it is being reported on and what kind of meaning is being drawn from it.
- Engagement gives Facebook insights to see how people are responding to the content you post there, number of comments on each blog post, number of ‘shares’ on submission sites (Reddit, StumbleUpon, Digg, Delicious, etc)
It doesn’t matter how big or small your company, or what industry you’re in everyone needs to do a Social Media Audit.
Source: Author Kevan Lee
There you have it. If your company is in need of a Social Media Audit or Consultation to execute your social media Audit, Contact us. Get a Free consultation for your First Meeting.